Having trouble loading GibbsCAM?
Errors during installation or when launching GibbsCAM for the first time. This includes DLL and installer errors. Try these steps:
- Uninstall GibbsCAM
- Restart your system
- Login as an administrator
- Temporarily disable any anti-virus or anti-spyware applications
- Go to c:/program files/common files/
- Delete (or rename) the Installshield folder. (If it will not delete or rename note the filename preventing. Hit alt-ctrl-del and select Task Manager. Click on the Processes tab and look for the file you noted earlier. Right-click on the file and select End Process)
- Reinstall GibbsCAM from the installation CD or download file.
- Confirm GibbsCAM will launch normally and re-start your anti-virus and anti-spyware software.
Hardware key driver issues:
- Follow steps 2-6 above
- Go to Add/Remove Programs
- Uninstall any instances of Sentinel System Driver or Sentinel Protection Installer (if running a Rainbow Sentinel SuperPro key) or HASP drivers (if using a timed key)
- Download the current Sentinel drivers or HASP drivers and install them
- Launch GibbsCAM. If you still receive a Hardware Key Missing error you may have installed the wrong version of GibbsCAM. Uninstall Gibbs and re-install being sure to select the correct key type.