|On occasion a setting or file may become corrupt and may require you to uninstall and reinstall GibbsCAM. If your system is acting erratically please perform the following steps to completely uninstall Gibbs and reinstall a clean copy:
- If possible, launch GibbsCAM and go to step 2
If GibbsCAM will not launch browse to:
C:/Documents and Settings/[LOGIN NAME]/Application Data/Gibbs/[GIBBS VERSION] (Windows XP
C:/ProgramData/Gibbs/GibbsCAM/[GIBBS VERSION] (Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10)
C:/ProgramData/3d Systems/GibbsCAM/[GIBBS VERSION] (Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10)
and skip to step #4
- Go to Plug-Ins-->Misc-->Pathfinder-->User Preferencesbr />(this will cause a window to open)
- Close GibbsCAM but leave the newly-opened window open
- Delete the contents of this folder. If you have customized files that mat be stored here it would be a good idea to back these up at this time.
- Close the folder window
- Go to Start-->Control Panel (Some systems may have Control Panel under Start-->Settings)
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs (or Programs and Features in Windows Vista and Windows 7)
- Locate the version of GibbsCAM to be repaired and click Remove
- When step 8 is complete insert the GibbsCAM installation CD and follow the prompts to reinstall GibbsCAM.