Link: Site Manager Installation Guide
Note: The Site manager utility is intended for IT administrators who need to view the Cimatron stations throughout the
company. It provides a central point for downloading and distributing Cimatron updates.
1) Select a suitable PC to be the Site Manager. Supported operating systems are:
+ Windows Server 2008 R2, Server 2012, or Server 2012 R2
+ Windows 7, 8, or 10
2) Insert the DVD to view the main Autorun screen. Select Administrative Tools.
3) Select [ Install ] on the Cimatron Site Manager row.
5) The installation process is very fast. The install will prompt for any missing prerequisites, such as .NET Framework 4.5
6) The install creates a desktop shortcut for opening the Site Manager utility.
7) The Cimatron Site Manager is an Internet Information Services (IIS)-based solution.
It is a Web application that runs inside an Internet browser window.
8) Running Site Manager for the first time will show a default empty state - the client PCs have not been added yet.
If you prefer a login and password for Site Manager access, this can be set in the Manage > Preferences area.
9) The best way to add client PCs to the site manager is at each client. Using the Cimatron Control Panel utility "Cimatron Updates",
enter the options area and choose to Use Site Manager. Enter the site manager PC name. A check function provides a way to verify
that the network connection from client to site manager is OK.
10) Once client PCs are known, the Site Manager will display the version and graphics information for each. The green color of the current
version means that this is the latest release. A red color for the ready version means that the Site Manager does not yet have the patch
downloaded for distribution.
11) A Download service that checks for new patches and service packs will run on the Site Manager every day at the time chosen in the
Manage > Preferences area. When a patch is downloaded, an email can be sent to the system administrator. Or patches can be manually
downloaded using Manage > Manual Download.
(By default the patches got to a folder on the Site Manager PC that was created by the install - CimatronE updates.)
12) Also from the Manage > Preferences screen, decide how the patches will be distributed to the client PCs. Either instigated at the Client PC
or installed by the Site Manager after hours.
"BY UPDATE NOTIFICATIONS"
With this choice the main Site Manager dialog shows a column to Allow Install. Checking the box gives the approval for the Client PC to install
available patches when they become ready.
At the Client PC, update notifications will be found by running the Control Panel utility "Cimatron Updates". Choose to install when ready.
"BY SCHEDULED SILENT UPGRADE"
These are automatic patch installs. With this choice the main Site Manager dialog shows a column Approved for Silent.
The Approved for Silent column works in conjunction with the Manage > Silent installation Management for Update function. Approval
for silent installation is given here. To run an Update on a client, you must be logged-in as an administrator of the machine.
If the silent installation encounters locked files on the client PC, the client PC is rebooted and the silent installation is performed.
Any unsaved files on the client PC will be closed without saving.
13) Site Manager also has an Information menu with helpful functions:
- Patch update and Download activity log
- Link to the Cimatron Graphics Card website
- Most common known graphics cards for Cimatron.
- Troubleshooting tips and firewall recommendations.